An Au Pair can be a boy or a girl aged 20 or more who decides to come to the UK to assist a family with their childcare needs and some light housework. In exchange you will receive board, lodging and a weekly allowance. You will be expected to work between 25 and 35 hours a week, with babysitting some evenings and at least one full day off each week.
Most importantly, you must love children and enjoy spending time with them!
To become an Au Pair you should have childcare experience acquired by looking after younger members of your own family or worked as a babysitter for neighbours.
- Earn from £80 per week depending on your working hours and number of children to take care of
- Enjoy paid vacation
- Attend English courses. According to the family, you may have the opportunity to have your English lessons paid
Other Au Pair benefits
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- Free private room and full board provided by your host family
Few lines about YOUR responsibilities:
- Waking the children
- Dressing infants and toddlers
- Bathing and playing with the children
- Preparing meals for the children
- Looking after the children’s belongings
- Making the children’s beds and tiding up their rooms Doing the children’s laundry
- Cleaning up the kitchen after the children eat
- Tiding up the playroom once playtime is over
- Driving children to and from school, appointments or outings as requested
- Staying at home while children are absent from school due to illness or holiday